A haven of luxury and peace in the heart of St Tropez
Tucked away in a quiet corner of central St Tropez, this 14th century former vicarage is replete with character and charm. Step inside the walled garden, overlooked by the villa’s signature tower and filled with fountains, palm trees, cacti and fragrant flowers, and you are transported to a tranquil world away from the hustle and bustle of the French Riviera. Yet the markets, bars and restaurants of sophisticated St Tropez are just a few minutes’ walk away, and breath-taking beaches within walking distance or a very short drive away.
The villa itself has been renovated to the highest standard by the illustrious Tropezian architect François Vieillecroze and is filled with wonderful works of art and beautiful furniture, not to mention quirky design features such as the winding staircase and the wall of water which forms a backdrop to the dining room. The 4 en-suite bedrooms sleep up to 8 adults in supreme comfort; two have independent access from the garden and are perfect for those who relish their own space, while the master bedroom in the main building has its own hammam and dressing room, and the final bedroom sits in the top of the turret offering views of St Tropez.
However the heart of the villa is its serene walled garden with a cleverly designed layout incorporating plenty of unique spaces to escape to. Relax on one of the shaded terraces where the only sound to be heard is the trickle of water from the fountain into the villa’s original well, or enjoy a drink from the pool house bar with its own fridge, ice machine and coffee machine. The inviting mirror edge pool is made of natural stone and is the perfect place to cool off amid exotic plants and olive trees.
Fully air-conditioned and filled with wonderful touches such as a wine cellar, office area and sound system throughout (inside and outside), this is simply one of the most luxurious and well-located properties available to rent in St Tropez. Combined with the attentive service and delicious meals provided by your Purple Summer staff, Villa La Tourelle is an exceptional retreat in one of the most sought-after locations in the Côte d’Azur.
- Unparalleled location in the heart of St Tropez
- Characterful 14th century former vicarage filled with artworks and beautiful furniture
- Peaceful walled garden with fountains, fragrant plants and a natural stone swimming pool
Layout – 250 m2
There is air-conditioning in all of the bedrooms and in most of the communal spaces in Villa La Tourelle.
Bedroom 1 (first floor)
Master bedroom with super-king bed, en-suite bathroom with separate shower and hammam, and dressing room.
Bedroom 2 (second floor, in the turret)
Twin/super-king bedroom with en-suite shower room, dressing room and views of St Tropez.
Bedroom 3 (outside access, next to pool house)
King (150cm) with en-suite shower room.
Bedroom 4 (outside access, via a path lined with aromatic plants)
King (150cm) with en-suite shower room.
With scanner, printer and views of the garden
With sofas, fireplace, TV with satellite channels, DVD player and iPod docking station. Terrace access.
With table seating 10 overlooking a wall of water
Outdoor terraces – covered and open
With gas barbecue, table tennis and outdoor dining area for 12 guests.
Natural stone, length 10m x 5m. Can be heated on request (additional charge). Pool house with bar.
Private parking for 2 small cars
A summer villa holiday isn’t just about the villa – and we never forget how important your holiday is to you. That’s why we do everything we can to ensure you have a hassle-free holiday with everything just the way you want it.
Our villas are available with a choice of service level – flexible or full service. Whatever you choose, you’ll have access to an exceptional concierge service, delicious breakfasts, daily housekeeping and one staff member to every two guests.
- Comprehensive pre-arrival concierge service to help you plan your perfect holiday
- Exclusive use of the villa and its facilities for your chosen dates
- Dedicated service in resort from the professional villa manager
- Daily housekeeping
- Freshly prepared breakfast every day of your stay, including cereals, fruit salad, yoghurts, cold meats and cheeses, fresh bread and local pastries, and freshly squeezed orange juice
- One meal per day provided by your private chef (either lunch or dinner, according to your preference for each day), on 6 days out of 7
- Early children’s supper, where dinner is being provided
- Pre-dinner canapés, where dinner is provided
- Carefully selected wine list
- Unlimited Veuve Clicquot or Taittinger champagne
- Complimentary bar of beer, wines, prosecco, spirits, soft drinks and bottled water
- Gourmet tea and coffee selection
- Fresh fruit and flowers
- High quality linen, towels, dressing gowns and beach towels. Mid-week towel change
- L’Occitane toiletries
- Unlimited Wi-Fi internet access
- Pre-arrival menu consultation. All our chefs are professionals with a wealth of fine dining experience so will tailor their menus to suit your specific preferences and, of course, any special dietary needs.
- As with ‘flexible service’, but two meals are provided per day by your private chef (lunch and dinner), on 6 days out of 7.
Purple Summer concierge
We understand that organising a luxury villa holiday isn’t just about finding the perfect villa. It’s about the professional dedicated staff, the magnificent food and wine, and all the thoughtful extra touches which make your holiday truly memorable.
Our small and select villa portfolio is exclusive to us, and located in only a handful of destinations we know inside-out and are immensely passionate about. The Purple Summer team will be with you every step of the way, from the moment you book your holiday and start to organise the finer details, to your arrival at the villa where you’ll receive dedicated support from our in-resort team should you need anything arranging during your stay.
We will take care of everything, from the essentials such as private airport transfers, professional childcare, chauffeured minibus service and restaurant reservations – to the unique experiences which make your holiday extra special. Are you celebrating a birthday or anniversary during your stay? We’ll gladly organise live music or a cocktail evening in the privacy of your villa, or a face-painting party for your children. Or why not make your holiday one to remember with a vineyard tour, hot air balloon ride, diving trip or beach yoga? Whatever you’d like to do, we are ideally placed to recommend the best local operators and make any reservations on your behalf, so all that’s left for you to do is relax and enjoy the holiday of a lifetime.
Pricing and availability
Sleeps 8 + 1 in St Tropez
Special offers and flexible dates
We are offering the possibility to book a short stay of less than a week during May and June, with flexible arrival and departure dates to allow our guests to escape for a long weekend.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch for more details.
Villa La Tourelle is located in central St Tropez, in a private and quiet street yet just 200m from the Place des Lices. The nearest beaches are a 5 minute drive or 15 minute walk away. Nice airport is approximately 1 hour 30 minutes away by car, and Marseille airport is approximately 2 hours away.